Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Questions And Answers

copied from http://www.davesaraiva.com/2007/03/17/making-websites-for-other-people-vs-making-them-for-yourself

on 30 Mar 2007 at 8:29 am1kamen 123
Hello
You may wish to read my experience with rentacoder athttp://kamen123.blogspot.com/They are doing all possible to hide these facts
:-)
on 30 Mar 2007 at 9:43 am2Dave
I read it, sounds like you have a bone to pick with Rent-A-Coder.
I’ve done several jobs over $1000 US on Rentacoder for my main business. Used it a lot and haven’t caused any problems or had any problems with coders.
I say give it a rest.
on 30 Mar 2007 at 10:35 am3Jay
I’m no coder but I don’t see how that article involves the kind of freelance talent a buyer would find on Rentacoder.com ? Ok so whoever started the site goofed up.. I don’t agree with Dave’s unnecessary bone picking comment either but I hardly think the problems RAC is having is really related to what we were trying to tell people about freelancing..
on 30 Mar 2007 at 11:08 am4Dave
Well read some of the other articles he’s posted, it becomes apparent that he’s just a disgruntled programmer.
I can see his complaints with the arbitration problems he had, but he didn’t work with the arbitration system at all and therefore they ruled against him.
on 30 Mar 2007 at 10:51 pm5kamen 123
thanks for opinions, it’s useful to have other points of view
yes I have experience as programmer but I can bring projects as buyer too because there are bigger projects and often help is needed
In general I’m disappointed with mental abilities of rentacoder team. I wish to stay far away from them. Also I do not wish they to blame me for their mistakes
For me there is obvious pattern in their behaviour:they are proficient to make patches, for bigger projects they make mistakes and they blame someone else for their mistakes
I have worked on projects that cost millions. Probably for $1000 you get several forms or good customization. For me this is just bigger patches. Also projects bigger than $1000 are exceptions for RAC
Probably for your projects you have avoided RAC after first several steps in the project, this is the recommended approach
on 30 Mar 2007 at 11:39 pm6Dave
If you work at such a high level, why are you wasting your time caring about RAC, or carrying on this vendetta?
Sorry, but I just don’t buy it.
on 31 Mar 2007 at 6:09 am7kamen 123
well the slogan of RAC is “how software gets done”
now I see that RAC lied from the beginning to the end during my experience with them
I expected that RAC really are making software and I wanted to test But they make mistakes for bigger projects and even blame me for this
I do not like to be excuse for stupidityIt will be useful to warn other users(like me) in advanceIt is fun to give them a lesson, they are living in dreams, someone have to wake them up. There is no vendetta
I do not expect from you to buy anythingI’m just interested to have opinions
:-)
on 31 Mar 2007 at 6:11 am8Dave
That’s fine and entitled to your opinion. However, our opinion is that RAC is helpful for getting projects done.
We’ve used it extensively and had no problems.
on 31 Mar 2007 at 6:25 am9kamen 123
probably your style is in harmony with RAC and this is why you had no problems
or probably you work on projects that fit to rac proficiency
but if you look at the size of the projects done on rac you will see that I’m right
majority of people use such sites to find partners/affiliates and after that avoid the site
on 01 Apr 2007 at 12:06 am10kamen 123
hi Dave
thanks for opinionsit was nice to talk with you yesterday
sorry that you thought that I expect you to buy anything
on 01 Apr 2007 at 8:02 am11Dave
I never thought you wanted me to buy something from you, I just don’t agree with your views on RAC at all.
on 02 Apr 2007 at 1:04 am12kamen 123
why?I have obvious evidences:rac owner even is not capable to read and understand the documentation of ASP/IIS. As result he makes mistakes for years and blames Microsoft
This is just perfect example. Rac are proficient to make patches, for bigger projects their stupidity is endless
rac is excellent source of fun and jokes:-)
on 02 Apr 2007 at 5:40 am13Jay
Kamen,
I don’t think you quite understand what we’re talking about when we recommend RAC..
We don’t know how intelligent the owners are all we know is from our own experiences we’ve found good coders from that site who work for a very reasonable wage.. Thats it.. thats all
Obviously you’ve had a bad experience and it happens but in the few occasions that we’ve had to take things to arbitration the staff have always ruled in a way which kept both us and the coder happy and things got done.. thats all I care about..
on 03 Apr 2007 at 5:53 am14kamen 123
I seeI understand you completely now
RAC staff are proficient to deal with small tasks(I call them patches), you are working on such tasks and you are happy with RAC
You don’t care that for significantly bigger tasks the stupidity of RAC staff is endless and RAC staff even are not able of understanding the issues
on 03 Apr 2007 at 6:28 am15Jay
Ok… I think it’s time I retract my statement about you not having an axe to grind
Kamen.. As much as we appreciate your comments, the things your saying don’t really make sense.. Even if the RAC staff are total incompetent morons like you claim it doesn’t really matter since you hardly ever deal with them and the owners knowledge of ASP has no impact on the user experience.
We’ve used a number of different freelancer sites and found the talent on RAC to be one of the best, we’re not affiliated with them or anything like that we just use the service and so we endorse it.
If you have something to say about the buyers, sellers or even the arbitration process then we will listen and even report on it, otherwise please move on.
on 04 Apr 2007 at 4:42 am16kamen 123
well I’m speaking about RAC staff, their slogan and the fact that they promise fair arbitration
For projects significantly bigger than several hundreds their stupidity is endless and they speak unlimited stupid comments
This is obvious from the exampleRAC owner was not able to understand recommendations and best practises perfectly described by MicrosoftAs result he was fighting for years against his stupidityThis shows that he is too stupid to provide fair arbitrationAnd he is senior arbitrator, you can imagine mental abilities of junior arbitrators…
Do you understand my way of thinking?
:-)
on 04 Apr 2007 at 6:27 am17Dave
Kamen,
Perhaps you misunderstood Jason. This discussion is closed

No comments: